Friday, February 3, 2012

Beginning my bread machine journey...sort of

It wasn't so long ago when my husband bought me a bread machine.  I had been wanting one for awhile, as I've heard of these lovely recipes my mother-in-law made in her bread machine.  Hearty loaves, sweet breads, funky ingredients.  We had just moved into our first home, and I had the desire...urge, really...to become a "homemaker."  I wanted to make things from scratch, to bake, to craft, to create. 

But the reality of it is that I'm a mother of two toddlers (Elsie - age 1, Maddie, age 2) and work full-time.  I don't have a lot of time to make things from scratch, to bake, to craft, to create...which made the prospect of a bread machine - the idea of "set it and forget it" but still have the smell of fresh baked bread waft through the house - was even more alluring. 

So one day...in August 2012, Allen, my dear, thoughtful, lovely husband, purchased the largest, handiest appliance I've ever owned:  the Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker:
Zojirushi BBCEC20WB Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker bread machine, WHITE.

And so the journey begins...this blog is in part a tribute to the trial and error of breadmaking (and other things you can make in this contraption), recipes, ideas.  The other part?  This blog is a tribute to the life of a busy household trying to have something homemade once in awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment